Are you currently unemployed?

My Favorite Documentaries

  • I.O.U.S.A
  • In Debt We Trust
  • Max Out
  • Out of Balance
  • The Corporation

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Washington region's unemployment rate hits 6.9% in January, 20-year record - washingtonpost.com

Washington region's unemployment rate hits 6.9% in January, 20-year record - washingtonpost.com

1 comment:

  1. A few days ago I posted an article from the same newspaper saying that the increase on the unemployment was good: people were feeling hopeful and came back for a job...with an estimate of 8,000 long time unemployed back and an increase on professional and services unemployment plus the fact that for every job created 6 are lost I wonder how it should be interpreted ....The NY Times once said that unemployment among professionals was not even close to 1% in pre-recession times now is between 1 and 3%...we can see a nation wide trend...obviously those with education have more chances as long as they are not labeled as overqualified...known someone that moved to Texas and is experiencing that. The point is clear: nation wide, there is an increase on unemployment ...do not be surprise if the end of the year we reach 11%

    ReplyDelete